Sunday, February 12, 2023

Super Bowl Sunday

 Hi all -

Happy Super Bowl Sunday! I loaded up on snacks and am ready to cheer the Kansas City Chiefs to victory!! I'm still getting used to the idea of retirement and working on my schedule. I spent a lot of time in the car and at the vet this week since Buttercup (one of the cats) had dental work on Monday and Lance had his bi-weekly acupuncture on Tuesday. I was a bit worried about Lance before the acupuncture because he seemed to be having a harder time getting around and was turning in circles a lot when he walked, but he seems to be back to normal after the acupuncture. It's amazing how healthy the rest of him can remain while his back legs deteriorate! And he remains the sweetest dog around!!

I don't have a lot of projects to share this week. I did continue to work on my Aquifer scarf designed by Laura Nelkin:

Aquifer

Aquifer close-up

I've finished the body of the scarf and now just need to add the ends. The ends use some kind of crochet stitch so I'll have to watch the video to figure out how to do this. I'll try to get a better close-up picture when I finish the scarf. It's hard to see the beaded section in this picture.

The other project I've been working on is my After the Storm Cardigan designed by Kelly Fowler:

After the Storm Cardigan front

After the Storm Cardigan back

I've made some good progress on this cardigan. The colors in the picture of the front are closest to true. This is a lot of knitting since it's sport weight yarn and an oversized cardigan, but it's pretty simple knitting so I'll probably spend some time on this project during the Super Bowl. I'd really like to get this one finished!

Winter is still here, but it's more tolerable now that the days are getting noticeably longer. It was still light at my house at 6pm last night. Crazy! It also got up to 50 degrees F yesterday, but it's supposed to get back down in the teens next week. That'll give me a chance to defrost the chest freezer since I'll be able to put the food outside while it melts and I clean it up.

Nancy



2 comments:

  1. Your knitting finishes always amaze me. I too am enjoying light later in the day. I hope that chest freezer defrost project goes quickly!

    ReplyDelete