Monday, July 3, 2023

Galette Shawlette Finished

 Hi all -

I hope everyone is doing well! I just have a few things to share this week. First, I finished my Galette Shawlette designed by Beach Nerd Knits:

Galette Shawlette

Galette Shawlette - final lace section

Galette Shawlette - middle lace section

I'm pleased to say that I also got the shawlette blocked. The blocking is my least favorite part so it's easy for me to procrastinate! But it really opens up the lace so it's important for some projects. This is the project that I had put on hold for a little while to order some more of the white yarn since the pattern indicated that I would need more than I had. However, it turned out that I had had enough of the white so didn't need the extra skein. The extra skein was only $7 and I had a coupon for free shipping, so that wasn't a big deal. I'm working on using some of it up in a project below.

I also blocked my Terra Shawl designed by Joji Locatelli:

Terra Shawl

Terra Shawl close-up

This is the shawl that I made for my niece, Terra. The blocking really opens it up! This shawl design is pretty cool because I can't really tell which is the front side and which is the back, so it'll be very easy to wear!

Finally, I started an Autumn Snow hat designed by Kay F. Jones to use up some of my leftovers from the Galette Shawlette:

Autumn Snow

This is a simple hat with variable stripes that I can donate to the homeless shelter next fall. I wanted to use up my scraps because I did some organizing of my yarn this week and I didn't want to have to find a place for this yarn. The yarn organization project is one of my long-term projects where I'm going through all of my yarn (I have a LOT) and making sure that every usable bit is in my Ravelry stash database (I have yarn that I purchased before I started using Ravelry and before I started putting my stash in there) and all of the information about the yarn is correct (for example, either they didn't have the "location" field when I started using it or I didn't notice it so much of the yarn doesn't have the proper location). I'm also moving smaller leftovers to my leftover jars, which I just started using in the last couple of years. I was never sure what to do with smaller leftovers so they got stuck in a lot of different places. Now, I'm keeping them together so I can easily make my next scrap blanket or whatever. Of course, one of the results of this project is that I'm seeing wonderful yarns that I'd forgotten about and I'm getting inspired to start a million new projects.....

Well, that's it for this week. I hope everyone has a wonderful Fourth!!

Nancy


No comments:

Post a Comment