Thursday, February 1, 2024

Finished Glittering Snowscape Shawl

 Hi all -

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their winter! The weather sure is a roller coaster ride! I'm really enjoying the days getting longer again! Grace is doing really well. Sorry I don't have any new photos. I don't usually carry my phone or camera when I'm outside and that's where I would get any interesting pictures. One of these days I'll figure it out!

I'm really excited to have finished my Glittering Snowscape Shawl designed by Stephen West:

Glittering Snowscape Shawl

This picture is before blocking and trimming the ends. I have it on the blocking mats right now, waiting for it to dry. This was so much fun to make! The instructions were really clear and the stitches were interesting. Here are some close-up pictures of the different sections:





This is a really big shawl, which I love, and I think it's beautiful!

I had so much fun with the Glittering Snowscape Shawl that I decided to start another Stephen West shawl that I had sitting in my stash. I bought this kit several years ago as a Valentine's Day present to myself. It's the Starflake shawl:

Starflake kit

I really wanted to make the shawl when I bought it, but I was a little intimidated by how complicated it looks. But now that I have one Stephen West shawl under my belt, I'm ready to make many more! This shawl starts off with 6 diamonds creating a star in the middle of the shawl. I'm just ready to bind off after the second diamond:

Starflake progress

I already feel like I've done some complicated stuff (the I-cord where the diamonds are attached seems complicated to me) and Stephen has really made it easy. I think I'm really going to enjoy this one, too!

I also needed a smaller project, so I started my Bandola knit bandana designed by Laura Nelkin. I have the center finished so far:

Bandola

Next I just have to pick up the stitches along the perimeter and knit a beaded lace border. This should be interesting and I look forward to getting back to this!

That's all I've been working on. I hope everyone is doing well!

Nancy


1 comment:

  1. Your snowscape shawl is gorgeous! Congratulations on finishing it!-it was good to read an update on Gracie!-TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete