Sunday, August 2, 2026

Prickly Pear Ready To Be Basted

 Hi all -

I hope everyone is doing well! It was a nice week here. The temperatures cooled down a bit and we had some rain. As you know, I love rain! We're back to a pretty hot and dry forecast, but I'll still cross my fingers for more moisture!

This week I concentrated on getting my Prickly Pear quilt, designed by Cozy Quilt Designs, ready to be basted. This is going to be the first quilt that I send to a longarmer to baste for me rather than pin basting it myself on the floor. At the beginning of the week I just had the finished quilt top and a pile of leftover scraps. I started by preparing the binding so I could use any leftover binding fabric in the backing. Then it was on to the backing. My backings take a while since I try to use as much of the leftover fabric as possible. Since this is a fairly large quilt (74"x102") and it was a kit, I also had to dig through my stash to find some other fabrics that could also be used. Here is what I ended up with:

Prickly Pear - Backing

It's a bit wild and chaotic, but it'll work. I stay stitched around the outside of the backing and the quilt top, measured out the batting (I have a large roll of batting) and folded it all up and put it in a bag. I've left a message for the longarmer and will wait for a reply. I told her there is no rush on this so it might be a while before I can start quilting this.

I did also make some progress this week on my Winter Vespers needlepoint designed by Bernat. 

Winter Vespers

I like how this is filling in! 

Sorry I don't have many pictures this week. The Prickly Pear backing really took a long time to put together! I'll hopefully have more interesting stuff next week...

Nancy


No comments:

Post a Comment