Sunday, September 20, 2026

Lilah Quilt Top Finished

 Hi all -

I hope everyone is doing well! We are definitely in fall here. The days are cooler and we're having a lot of cloudy days with some thunderstorms. The mornings are getting so much darker! I know, it's way too early to complain about that, but that won't stop me! I guess I need to move south....

This was a fun week! I finished piecing my Lilah top designed by Yellow Cat Quilt Designs. I purchased this many years ago as a kit from Connecting Threads. 

Lilah

I really like how it turned out! I also got the binding prepared.

Lilah - Binding

I still need to prepare the backing from the leftover pieces. I'm trying to be better about getting all of the binding and backing prepared along with the quilt top so everything's ready when I get around to the quilting.

I've also been working on the backing for my Stars & Stripes Forever quilt from Judy Martin's book Knockout Blocks and Sampler Quilts.

Stars & Stripes Forever - Backing

This is a large backing (105"x105"), so it doesn't all fit on the design wall (the bottom section hangs off the edge on the left and the top right section hangs off the edge on the right). I just have to fill in the middle right section, then I can put the sections together and the backing will be done. Then I can put it away until I can get it basted. I'm still waiting for my Prickly Pear quilt to be basted by the longarmer. She's been really busy so hasn't had time to work on it. When I get that back, I'll start quilting that and see how that basting works for me. Then I can give her another quilt to baste. I have a lot of quilt tops, so I plan to keep giving her a new top to baste whenever she finishes one. So I'll probably be working on a lot of quilt backings for a while!

While working on these quilts, I made some more good progress on my Potato Chip Leader/Ender project. I was able to finish the blocks I started at the retreat last week and also make some new blocks.

Potato Chip Leader/Ender Blocks

I probably have about a third of the blocks I need for this quilt, so I'm making good progress!

I also took some time out to make a few more Quilts of Valor (QOV) blocks. Our guild is collecting blocks for their national block drive.

QOV Blocks

Our guild deadline was Thursday so I wanted to finish some more blocks while I still could.

Finally, I've also made some more progress on my Rill Scarf designed by Miriam L. Felton.

Rill Scarf

This is a background project so the progress is a bit slower on this one. But as the days get shorter, I should be doing more knitting so hopefully I'll show more progress in coming weeks. My sewing room gets a lot of great natural light, but the artificial lighting isn't great so I don't do much sewing once the sun goes down.

Nancy


No comments:

Post a Comment