Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Crochet Blanket Progress

 Hi all -

Spring is here! I hope everyone is well and enjoying some warmer weather! I've been enjoying the last vestiges of college basketball -- March Madness. Sadly, Kansas was eliminated in the second round. It was an incredible game, well-played on both sides, and Kansas just couldn't eek it out. But there's still more incredible basketball ahead and there are a couple other Big 12 teams that have made it to the next round, so I have some teams to root for!

I've made good progress on my crochet blanket -- the Juni Throw designed by Kati Petersen. This is the Jimmy Beans Wool 2023 Blanket Club project. Each month, for a small fee, we get a skein of yarn and another section of the pattern. I was able to fix my mistake in the January section and then finish the blanket through the March section:

Juni Throw


Juni Throw -- January section

Juni Throw -- February section

Juni Throw -- March section

This has been a wonderful project! I'm getting much better at figuring out the pattern and figuring out where each stitch goes. I look forward to next month's installment and hope to work on some smaller projects while I wait.

I've also continued to work on my Mo' Better Cowl designed by Aunt Ninny:

Mo' Better Cowl

This yarn is so soft and I know I'll really love the final product!!

Finally, I finished my Aquifer designed by Laura Nelkin:

Aquifer

This is a really long scarf:

Aquifer -- length

Because of the length, it took a lot longer than I expected to finish the edging around the perimeter. But I really love how it turned out!

Aquifer -- detail

This is another lovely light and soft yarn! I really love this scarf!!

That's all of my projects for this time. I've also watched several of my Craftsy classes and there are just so many more things that I want to work on! Even in retirement, there are never enough hours in the day!!

Nancy

1 comment:

  1. The colors in that long blue scarf are wonderful! Isn't it interesting how time flies. . .even more so when you aren't working full time. Who said life slowed when you retired???--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete