Thursday, March 22, 2018

More Homeless Shelter Knitting

Hi all -

I've been really busy working on my homeless shelter knitting. I'm feeling really good about the bag of stuff that I'm accumulating for them! I'll save everything up until fall and then drop it by so they don't have to worry about where to keep these things over the summer.

My first project was the Sailor's Knit Cowl from a pattern by Gretchen Tracy:


I think a cowl like this is a great idea for a guy. It's not feminine; it doesn't slip around like a scarf; and it can be pulled up to cover the face and neck when it's really cold. I imagine I'll be making more of these with different stitch patterns.

I also made a Field of Wildflowers hat from the pattern by Joji Locatelli:


As you've probably figured out by now, I really like to play with different stitches to create different textures!

Then I made a fun scarf:




This is the Madison Scarf pattern by Kris Basta. It's a companion pattern to the Gallatin Scarf pattern that I love so much.

Next I pulled out some more of that pink yarn that I want to use up and made a River Rush Slouch Hat from the pattern by Gretchen Tracy:






And a That Easy Guernsey Hat from a pattern by Christine Roy:


Those used up about another skein of the pink yarn, but I still have about 10 skeins of that yarn to go....

Next I moved on to a fun yarn and made a Sweet Memories Cowl from the pattern by Jacinta at embracingitall:




And I finished off that skein with a pair of Autumnal Mitts from a pattern by Jo Bangles:


It's fun to be able to play with all of these little projects! I'll keep collecting them and sharing them with you in bunches.

Now I'm getting ready to knit a swatch for my first sweater. This will be my first serious swatching where I also have to block the swatch before measuring. Wish me luck! It might be a while before you see anything from this project since I'll be waiting until there's enough progress to make it worthwhile to share.

Now back to March Madness and knitting! Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!

Nancy

2 comments:

  1. Lance truly looks great in everything! He is such the model! Has his contract increased since he started? He has those poses down! I too like seeing all the textures that you knit. I thought the field of flowers pattern was exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Lance and I are currently in negotiations. He wants a lot more chicken than I'm willing to provide, but I think we'll be able to come to an agreement before he goes on strike!

      Delete