Saturday, January 5, 2019

I'm Back....

Hi all -

Sorry for such a long silence! It's hard to believe that I haven't posted since last June. Time has been flying by! Part of the reason for my absence is that is that I've just been knitting and haven't done any quilting, and I feel like my quilting posts are more interesting than my knitting posts. I also document my knitting projects on ravelry.com so don't feel as motivated to repeat the information here. The other reason for my absence was that I did a lot of traveling last fall so my time at home felt really tight. But I hope to do a lot better this year. My current thought is that I will try to do a weekly or bi-weekly post summarizing what I've been working on. I'll have to see how much I'm getting done to see which makes more sense. And when I reach a milestone in a quilting project, I plan to do posts just on those projects so that I can easily go back and find information about my quilting projects if I ever need that in the future. Hopefully this will keep me motivated and keep my blog useful.

I attended the Houston Quilt Festival again last November. It was another great show! I still need to organize my photos and then I'll do my usual blog posts. The Houston show was a week later than usual so it felt like Christmas was too close for me to take time out to get the blog posts done then. But now I should have plenty of time (although I also have a bunch of projects that I want to work on so we'll see how well I juggle things).

I have a lot of crafting plans for this year. My youngest niece should be graduating from college in December so I have a queen-size quilt to make for her. I picked the pattern a while ago, so now I need to gather fabrics and start putting it together. And I just found out this week that my step-niece has a baby due this summer, so I think a baby quilt and a baby sweater are in order. I'm also participating in a couple of knit-alongs right now and have almost finished a knitted shawl "craftvent" project that I had to put aside before Christmas when I traveled to Kansas City. If possible, I'd also like to try to make something that could possibly go to the Houston show this year. I also saw a reference to "book art" where you create images with the pages of a book by folding them in specified ways. I'm thinking that that would be a good thing to do with my mom's college text books as gifts for my family members. And I also have some knitting and sewing projects already picked out as Christmas gifts for this year. Looks like I'd better get moving!!

Happy New Year!!

Nancy

4 comments:

  1. Wahoo. . .you're BACK!!!! I've missed you; but, can relate to those time crunches. I look forward to reading each and every post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I read your blog religiously and love it!!

      Delete
  2. It's good to have a break from quilting sometimes. You come back with renewed energy and creativity rather than trying to force something out all the time and your knitting is beautiful. I love your Houston posts and I always feel inspired when you describe your classes.
    xx Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have so many projects that I want to work on that I just don't know where to begin!

      Delete