Sunday, February 21, 2021

Dreaming of Tuscany Finished

 Hi all -

I hope everyone is staying safe and warm! It's been a crazy week for our country! We've been very lucky at my house with only one day of subzero temperatures. The rest of the time it's been beautiful here. We did get a foot of snow last week, but we usually have more of that up here and need a lot more so hopefully that will keep coming.

I don't have many pictures to share today, but I'm excited about my latest finish. I finished working on my Dreaming of Tuscany cross-stitch project:

Dreaming of Tuscany

I really love how it turned out and the beautiful colors! I'll be saving it until this summer when I'll get it framed and hang it in my bathroom. I'm waiting until this summer since that's when I expect to be vaccinated. Although I really want to support the small framing businesses in their time of need, I'm not comfortable yet spending time in a framing shop making all of the matting and framing decisions until I've had my vaccine. At that point I'll also get the cross-stitch of my mom's that I finished a little while ago framed, too.

Since I've really been enjoying working on my cross-stitch projects, I picked up another WIP (Work In Progress) that I've had sitting around for years. This one is called Fanciful Butterfly and I think I will be able to finish it up pretty quickly.

Fanciful Butterfly

I remember putting this one aside years ago because it was a real pain to stitch the white thread on white fabric at 18 stitches per inch. It's difficult, but it sure does turn out elegant! Now that I've picked this up again (and am using a headlamp for bright light while I stitch), it's actually coming together very quickly and I think I'll be finished with it fairly soon. This one is smaller and I think I will end up stitching it into a project bag.

Finally, I stitched up another Twistola headband designed by Laura Nelkin.

Twistola

Twistola, full view

I made this one out of some yarn that I had in my stash that's not as fuzzy as the yarn that came with the project. This yarn allows you to see the details of the cables better and is a little less slippery in my hair. I have extremely straight, shiny hair so it can be hard to keep headbands in place.

That's all of my projects for now. The last thing I want to share are some pictures of Lance from the day I brought him home. I adopted him on Feb 16, 2008. Hard to believe we've been together for 13 years! Damn, he's cute!!


Nancy


4 comments:

  1. What a luv! Even as a youngster he had that wise look and "model" quality!! Lovely finishes and I understand about waiting until you've been vaccinated before staying longer than a few minutes in a business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your “Dreaming of Tuscany” piece is wonderful!!!
    I fell down the cross stitch rabbit hole when the pandemic started, and since then my quilting has taken a back seat. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a bit like potato chips, isn't it? You can't eat just one!

      Delete