Sunday, December 5, 2021

Been A Long Time!

 Hi all -

I apologize for another long silence. Life has been busy and I just started working for a different company so some things had to fall off of my plate. I've continued to work on things, but it's been a bit slower. And I'll be going to Kansas City again in another week or so to help my sister through replacing her other knee. I'll be there for another 5 weeks, so I probably won't post again until I get back. So, let's get to it.....

In my previous post, I had finished knitting my Halloween advent calendar hat, All Treats, No Tricks designed by Amy Gunderson. At that point I was waiting for the perfect pom-pom to come back into stock. It reappeared and I was able to snag one, so here is the finished hat with the perfect pom-pom:

All Treats, No Tricks

The colors aren't great in the picture, but the pom-pom is black with bright pops of color and really is perfect for this hat!

I also knit another hat since my last post. This one is the Boulder Beanie, also designed by Amy Gunderson:

Boulder Beanie

This was the September 2021 Jimmy Beans Wool Accessory Club project. It was a lot of fun since it had both stranded colorwork and baubles, done a different way from other patterns I've tried. And, again, I found the perfect pom-pom to top it off. I really love this hat!

I found I was enjoying whipping out some smaller projects, so I pulled out the January 2021 JBW Accessory Club project. This one was the Rosemary Cowl designed by Alison Green:

Rosemary Cowl

This picture is prior to blocking. The cowl is blocking now so it will be cleaner when that is done.

In the interest of making progress on some of the WIPs (works-in-progress) that I have sitting around, I pulled out my Aquifer scarf designed by Laura Nelkin:

 

Aquifer
This is another really interesting knit and it is turning out so soft that I can't wait to finish it!

The final knitting project I'll share today is this year's Craftvent project from Jimmy Beans Wool. As the name implies, the Craftvent project is an Advent Calendar project. They do this every year and this is my third or fourth year participating. This year's project is the Festive Wrap designed by Ambah O'Brien. The project comes packaged in this pretty, sturdy box:

Craftvent Box

Inside the box, there is a drawer for each day:

Inside the Craftvent Box

Most of the drawers hold a small ball of yarn, like we got for day 2:

Craftvent Day 2

Others contain little surprises. So far, we've gotten the needles for knitting the shawl and a nice project bag:

  
Craftvent Day 1

Craftvent Day 4

Here's what I've done so far:

Festive Wrap

So far, I'm up-to-date. I hope to knit today's portion tonight.

Finally, I also worked on an embroidery project. This is the Cape Flower Needle Keeper kit designed by Sue Spargo:

Cape Flower Needle Keeper - outside
Cape Flower Needle Keeper - inside

For this project, I started with an organizer made by Yazzii. I then appliqued the felt pieces and did the embroidery on the finished piece. I thought this was an interesting idea and wanted to see how well I liked trying to work the stitching on a finished item, where you have to deal with burying your knots behind the fabric in order to hide them, without poking through to the inside of the organizer. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be, but I didn't really enjoy it so I probably won't do another project of this type. Here is a close-up of the applique and stitching:

Cape Flower Needle Keeper

Well, that's all for this post. I hope you enjoyed my projects! I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season!!

Nancy



2 comments:

  1. Those pom poms are the perfect accent for those hats! Good to hear from you. I hope your sister's second surgery goes at least as well as the first. Is your new job similar to your old one? The Cape Flower needle keeper is a cool project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! The new job is similar to the old, but all new infrastructure so there's the old dog, new tricks problem, but we'll get through it! Should be interesting and a good opportunity.

      Delete