Friday, March 31, 2023

Mo' Better Cowl Finished

 Hi all -

I hope everyone is doing well! We keep moving on towards spring here, with some warm days and some cold, snowy days. I live at a fairly high elevation, so we'll continue to have snow on the ground for a couple more months. I look forward to the snow melting on my deck and being able to sit out there and enjoy my view! But we always need water up here so I welcome any snow that wants to come our way!!

I haven't done much crafting since my last post. But I have been productive in other ways, like finishing my taxes (yuck!). Just not much crafting. The main thing I worked on was my Mo' Better Cowl designed by Aunt Ninny. I was able to finish this cowl:

Mo' Better Cowl

I'm really pleased with how this turned out! I was careful to stop knitting at a point in the yarn that allowed me to match up the color sequence from the end back to the beginning, so, after grafting the ends together, it's extremely difficult to find the grafting line. This cowl is really soft and airy, but I think it will also provide a lot of warmth.

The only other thing I've been working on is my Bountiful Bouquet embroidery:

Bountiful Bouquet

I'm pretty close to having the stem stitching of the outlines finished. Then I'll have to decide how I will use this panel so I can decide whether to add embellishment stitches or leave it the way it is.

That's it for this time. I hope to have more to share next time!

Nancy


No comments:

Post a Comment