Hi all -
I hope everyone is doing well! We are jumping into fall here in the mountains of Colorado. The aspen have started changing colors and the days are getting shorter and cooler. I'll miss summer, but I'm definitely enjoying the change!
| Aspen Colors in my Yard |
This week was Quilt-A-Fair, a quilt show and vendor market put on my the Colorado Quilting Council. It's a fun little show with a lot of great stuff to buy. As you know, I don't need any quilting supplies, but I still found some great stuff and helped support the industry!
This week I put my nose to the grindstone and finished two quilt backs. First, I finished the backing for my Stars & Stripes Forever quilt.
| Stars & Stripes Forever - Backing |
Then I made the backing for my Lilah quilt.
| Lilah - Backing |
It's a lot of work to piece my backings like this and it's hard to find the energy to do this much work after the excitement of finishing the top, but it feels really good to use up the extra blocks and fabric! I'm not sure when I'll quilt these. I'm still waiting to get my Prickly Pear top basted by the longarmer. These will both sit in the queue of quilts that will go to her as she's ready. Now I'm looking at other old quilt tops I can finish. I have a bunch of new projects I want to start, but I feel like I don't want to get into the middle of a big project and then have to put that aside to see how I like the basting on Prickly Pear.
I'm also making a lot of progress on my leader/ender project while working on my backings.
| Potato Chip Leader/Ender Blocks |
When working on the backings, I am often sewing one seam at a time and then re-evaluating, so I can make a lot of progress on leader/enders!
Finally, I'm continuing to slowly make my way through my Rill Scarf designed by Miriam L. Felton.
| Rill Scarf |
As usual, the marker with the yarn ball on it indicates where I started this week. I'm only about a third of the way done with this scarf, so progress is slow, but every little bit leads towards a finished scarf. And this one will be so light and airy!
Nancy
No comments:
Post a Comment