Sunday, February 1, 2015

Morning Visitors

Hi all -

Yesterday morning we had some exciting visitors in the yard. A couple of moose decided to come and visit. I was just sitting on the couch watching a Craftsy lesson when I happened to look over and see something big and brown through the sliding glass door. I got up to see what it was, and there was a moose just on the other side of the deck! I closed the doggy door to keep Lance in the house then grabbed my camera! After a while, another moose showed up. I've lived in this house for 14 years and this is the first time I've seen moose in the yard (although they've probably been there when I haven't seen them), so it was very exciting for me and the pets!

Here are some of the pictures:

Our first visitor

Isn't he majestic?

Buttercup was fascinated

Here you can see where his antlers used to be. This is how I figured out he was a male.

He's joined by his friend

Lance and Wesley are also fascinated

The new guy
You can see he's also a male. I think he's younger because his antler "scars" are smaller.

Lesson learned? -- I need to wash my windows when it gets warm again!

Nancy


No comments:

Post a Comment