Thursday, February 15, 2018

Gallatin Scarf

Hi all -

Along with the homeless shelter knitting projects, I've had a couple of other projects on my needles lately. One of these is the Gallatin Scarf by Kris Basta. I made one of these scarves a couple of years ago for myself and I love it. When I was home for Christmas, it was really cold outside so my sister needed something that she could wrap around her face when we went for a dog walk. My Gallatin Scarf was the perfect solution. I made the mistake of telling her that it was my favorite when she borrowed it, so she refused to keep it after the walk even though she loved it, too. So, I had to make one for her, too!

This is a quick knit that starts with just a few cast-on stitches:


You regularly cast on more stitches as you go along and the scarf grows in length. You end up with a scarf shaped like a long, thin triangle:


This is a really great shape since you can easily wrap it around you neck or tie it around your face. And the narrow ends curl nicely as they hang down:






And it has an interesting stitch pattern:


This is one of a series of three scarves by the same designer. I'll definitely be trying the other patterns, too! (And, as a plus, all three patterns are free!)

Nancy

2 comments:

  1. Free is terrific especially when you like the pattern so much! Lance is such an awesome model. I can see why your sister and you like the scarf so much. It is truly unique!

    ReplyDelete