Friday, February 16, 2018

Woods and Water

Hi all -

I have another knitting project to share. This one was going to be for the homeless shelter, but I ended up loving the yarn so much that I decided to keep it for myself. The pattern is Woods and Water by Roxanne Yelle. I used a Japanese yarn (Noro Shinryoku) that I picked up some time ago on sale. (I can't pass up a good sale!) The yarn was a bit difficult to work with because it had a lot of extra twist. This would cause the yarn to twist up in front of the needle. I had to keep smoothing the twist away from my work and then the knitting was fine.

The pattern was also interesting and included a new stitch: the "double twisted yarn over." This stitch creates extra space in the center of the cowl. I really love where the colors in the yarn ended up:


(The colors are a little brighter than they appear in the picture, but are still muted.) It looks planned, but it was all serendipity!

The yarn is a wool/silk blend that actually feels cottony. I really like the feel of it. And so does my favorite model!


Sorry for the slew of knitting posts, but I want to keep the non-charity knitting in separate posts so I can find them. I'll be doing some more charity knitting, which I'll queue up for one big post, and will work on larger "keeper" projects, so you won't be overwhelmed by posts as we go forward.

Nancy

4 comments:

  1. Nancy, I like reading your knitting posts. You are amazing to be so proficient at it too and I LOVE seeing your model. Todays photo was terrific. I just love his face. That scarf on is totally cool!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you're keeping Lance warm. What a great boy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! He's a very patient model. Especially when there's a treat waiting at the end of the session!

      Delete