Sunday, May 24, 2015

Herb Garden Fused

Hi all -

I have another new project going. I know, I know -- I really need to finish up other projects, but this is just the way I work. So, I pulled out some kits that I picked up a while ago, I think last year, at Keepsake Quilting. I got these for my sister since her hobby is cooking. It is a set of four fusible applique kits that are different spice plants. Here they are all fused:


And here are close-ups of each one:

Thyme
Oregano
Basil
Chives
Each kit came with laser cut applique pieces, so I just had to fuse the pieces and create the frames, so it was nice and easy, although it was a bit tedious since some of the pieces are very small.

I now have to decide what to do with these. The kits suggest putting them together into a tablerunner, but I'm leaning towards either separate wallhangings that can be grouped on the wall, or a single wallhanging. We'll see what I end up deciding. Either way, these are going to need a lot of threadwork to add detail and to hold all of the small pieces in place (I don't trust fusible to hold without some sewing).

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment