Monday, June 29, 2015

KCRQF "Twirly Whirly Feathers" with Kimmy Brunner

Hi all -

The lecture I took at the Kansas City Regional Quilt Festival was "Twirly Whirly Feathers" with Kimmy Brunner. This lecture would have been really good for someone who is just learning to quilt feathers, but it was a bit basic for me. I think I probably didn't read the lecture description carefully and thought this lecture would be teaching a specific type of feather that twists and turns. But it's always good to go back over the basics and see how another quilter approaches feathers.

Kimmy had lots of beautiful samples of her quilting for us to look at:





I love the creative ways she divides her quilting space and how well she combines dense quilting and open space! These are the things that I'm still working on. I can appreciate them when I see them, but it's difficult for me to visualize these on a blank quilt.


For her lecture, Kimmy had slides on her computer that she projected onto a screen for us:


She used a red "pen" on her computer to show us how the lines were made so we could understand the quilting sequence:


And her slides included a lot of good example on actual quilts:


Overall, Kimmy is an excellent, very well organized teacher and I'll definitely take more classes from her in the future whenever I get a chance.

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment