Sunday, July 19, 2015

Two New Bags

Hi all -

I needed a break from designing, so I decided to make a couple of bags that I've had sitting around for a while. They are both from kits purchased on sale from Keepsake Quilting. I'm a sucker for sales! So I pulled out the kits and started sewing.

First up was from the "Barbados Bag" pattern by "Pink Sand Beach Designs":


This bag has a zipper top closure, a zipper and a regular pocket on the front, another pocket on the back and several pockets inside. The instructions were good and it went together very easily. If I make this bag again, the only change I'll make will be to increase the size of the inside pockets because they're pretty short.

The other bag was from the "Aruba Bag" pattern, also by "Pink Sand Beach Designs":


This bag was a little more difficult to make because some of the seams were more awkward, but it still wasn't hard. Also, the instructions weren't as good, even though it was from the same designer. I'm not sure what I'll do with these bags. I might decide to keep one or both, but it's more likely that I'll give them to a couple of my nieces for Christmas.

I do have one other picture to share:


Can you guess what this is? Why, it's "Tea for Two" all packaged up and ready to be shipped to Houston! That's right -- "Tea for Two" is heading to Houston! I'm so surprised and excited!! I submitted it last year, but it didn't get in, so I really wasn't expecting it to get in this year. But after it got into Paducah, I thought it would be stupid not to try again at Houston. After all, if you don't try, you'll never get in. I've also registered for all of my classes, have my hotel reservations and my plane and Super Shuttle tickets, so I'm all ready to join my quilt in Houston. I'm so excited to see my own quilt hanging up there with all of the incredible quilts that are there every year!!

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment